woensdag 5 november 2014

Gifts of the Magi

Since I started writing novels, I don’t have a lot of time to write short stories anymore. But when RJ Sullivan told me about the upcoming anthology Gifts of the Magi, I was enthused. Once in a while I like to write something for a charity anthology, and this one really struck my fancy.

First of all, it was a holiday related anthology, and I shall tell you something about myself: I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I love it with a childlike passion. 

When RJ asked me to write a Christmas story in the Coyote-verse, I was sold. I just had to try it.
To be honest, it was quite a challenge. At the time I was writing a horror
novel (Angel Manor) and turning my dark thoughts into fluffy holiday spirit wasn’t as easy as I had hoped. I must have started this story over and over at least eight times. Then finally it came to me, and the story let itself be written.

I set the story after Coyote: The Clockwork Dragonfly, which is the second novel in the series.

It’s quite difficult to write a story from a series, without giving too much away. It would be great if people who read it will be interested enough to find out more about these characters and about the setting.

All I can hope now is that it will be a Christmas tale for all to enjoy. If you’re curious to read my story or any of the other wonderful stories in the Anthology, you can buy a copy here: http://amzn.to/13IXKDw

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten