vrijdag 29 november 2013

Thankful


To all those who celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday. And to all those celebrating Hanukkah:  Happy Hanukkah! And to everyone else: TGIF!

I decided to take the day off today, but in my case that usually means that I’m blogging, doing promotional work or something else. The only time I can truly step away from writing is if I actually leave the house and use my phone for nothing but taking pictures of my beautiful daughter.

Don’t get me wrong: I’m not complaining. Obsessed? Yeah, maybe, but I do love my job. It’s a struggle and hard work, but I celebrate the little rewards. Hopefully I get to share some good news with everyone soon! I live for moments like that.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought it would be nice to write a blog about what I’m thankful about. I’ll keep it to work related things, because I’m sure people don’t want to hear sap stories about how happy I am with my husband and child *grin* (now… let’s see how many times I can put the word ‘thankful in one blog, shall we?)

A year ago I had no idea I would be where I am right now. I was still in shock that people actually wanted to publish my work back then, and now I’m working on new changes and exciting projects. I actually have editors ask ‘me’ for work now, and I can tell you: that doesn’t suck!

I’m very thankful for the journey I’ve been on. It’s been a mad ride all the way. I had to get over some serious insecurities to take certain steps, and I’m learning more every day. From last November to this year I was privileged to be a part of a lot of exciting projects and I got to meet a lot of wonderful new people that have enriched my (writing) life (but also the rest of my life really).

I’m thankful for the great response my books have gotten, and for the things I’ve learned about writing. I’m thankful for my editor, Apple Ardent Scott, and for the fun we have during the editing dance.

I’m thankful for people who call themselves my fans. I like to call them wonderful gifts of humanity (no I’m not drunk, just a little sentimental –which is just as bad, or maybe worse) I’m thankful that my work gets read, I can’t tell you what that does for me. I might not be rich and famous, but it’s wonderful knowing that people out there enjoy what I write.  I’m thankful for the ridiculous amount of inspiration I have (though I wish I could write and edit faster, so I could write all the stories that bug me at night). And I’m thankful for the person who invented notepads, so I can stop tormenting myself and write ideas down *chuckles*. It’s been a weird year, with ups and downs. I wonder what will happen next year, because I have the feeling life has so much more in store for me.

If you are reading this, I guess I’m thankful for one more thing: I’m thankful for you! You took the time to look into my life and my work, and that’s great. So… Thank you ;)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten